Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dr. Oh-Hyun Kwon: Samsung’s Top Guy

Not well-known globally, Dr. Oh-Hyun Kwon has been playing a pivotal role in Samsung’s rise as an electronics giant and now leads the company in what looks to be very promising times.

Kwon is the CEO and Vice Chairman of Samsung Electronics. To head an electronics consumers firm like Samsung requires a lot of skills including knowing what the market wants. With the success Samsung has had with the Galaxy phone series you can sure bet Kwon and his team know how to go about marketing.
Kwon also has very impressive credentials on the technical side. He has a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Seoul National University and an M.S. in Electrical Engineering from Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAISST). If that’s not enough Kwon also has a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University.

He began his career at Samsung in 1985 at the Semiconductor Business. Kwon has played an instrumental role in the rapid rise of Samsung Electronics in the semiconductor industry. It was he who led the successful development of the 64Mb DRAM in 1992; this was an industry first.
Promotions followed over the years along with growing responsibilities. Kwon became Vice Chairman in December 2011. He was eventually promoted as CEO on June 8, 2012. Now Samsung is building a campus at the heart of American technology - Silicon Valley. He’s on familiar grounds being a Stanford graduate but this time he comes as head of an electronics giant.

3 comments:

  1. Dear sir
    I submit my handset on dated 05.07.2013 Bill no 4154953695 . As per your service provider
    He told me that repairing time will be 4 to 5 days, I request him please do it as soon as possible &
    Inform me . But no repair status inform to me .I called on dated 09.07.2013 & ask my handset
    Repair status they told that part is dispatch from Noida & receive on date 10.07.2013 . Again
    I contact your authorized service provider now they are saying that whose part was Received
    yesterday it was defective part , Now he told me that next 5 to 7 days will be take for repair.
    I can not wait for it , I am very dissatisfied for your service & and service provider .Very poor service

    Thanks & Regards
    Vipin Choudhary
    09359167981 , 8860319959

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really disappointing service...I had given my hand set for 5th time now, but no solution yet....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Respected Sir,
    With utmost regret I am writing this, seeking justice from the South Korean giant and Market Leader in India. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Young phone (Model No- GT-S6312) on 13/05/2013. The phone came with a warranty of ONE YEAR. The phone started giving trouble within a week from buying it. The start/switch off/ lock/ unlock button on the side of the phone does not work properly. As a result, the phone would just keep vibrating, get switched off suddenly.
    2) I got phone repaired by your authorized service center, Samsung Care shop/ Service center- Mobile Cool Services, Shop no. 10, Bidiwala Apartment, Dawood Baug lane, J.P Road, Andheri (W) on 15/06/13. However, within a couple of days, again the same problem started. Currently, the phone has switched off totally and I am not able to switch it on at all!
    3) There is a long story but to cut it short, ultimately I went to another authorized service centre- Mobile Technology, Shop 1& 2, Kamalacharan Building, Goregaon (West), Mumbai where I was informed that the phone was tampered and hence out of warranty and repairs will be done on chargeable basis.
    4) Kindly note that I had given my faulty phone for repairing at a registered Samsung service centre. How am I as a layman supposed to know what tampering have they done to my phone?!? And whom am I to believe, the service centre who 1st 'repaired' my phone or the 2nd one which claims that the phone has been tampered with?!? Because of your service centre's incompatibility, why should I suffer?? When my phone is under a warranty for one year, why should I pay money to get it repaired?? And of what use is the repairing when your 1st service centre repaired my phone, they allegedly 'tampered' with my phone!! With all this experience, I tend to believe that this service centers are just a hogwash and are fooling customers, spoiling the image of Samsung.
    5) Kindly arrange to check your internal records regarding my complaint, a mail dated 30/08/2013 from your CEO’s office, correspondence from Ms. Shikha Sharma- Customer Experience (in her last mail of 10/09/2013 she has offered me 50% Discount on the repair service- not on parts) and investigate whether tampering is going on at your service centers which the consumer may never find out about.
    6) In view of the above please replace my faulty phone.
    Thank you,
    Ashwin Ashar
    Vice President-Legal and Company Secretary
    HINDITRON, Mumbai, India
    09867381262.

    ReplyDelete